There are two ways to create student accounts. You can either create student accounts manually by adding students to your course, or you can give students the Course Access Key and have students create their own accounts.
Helping Students Create Their Own XpressLab Account
- Access your Course Access Key, navigate to the My Courses list by clicking on the Courses link at the top of your screen.
- All of your XpressLab courses are listed in the My Courses list. The Course Access Key is displayed to the right of the Course Name, below the column labelled Course Access Key.
- Copy the Course Access Key and share it with your students. Direct students to app.xpresslab.com.
- On app.xpresslab.com, students should click the red Create Account button, and then select the I Am A Student option.
- Students will enter the Course Access Key that you have provided, and then click the Continue button.
- If the student has never had an XpressLab account, she/he will click the red I Need An Account button. This will direct the student to the Create New Account form. When the form is complete, the student will select the Create An Account button.
- Once the Student Account has been create, the student can access his/her Course.
Creating Student Accounts (or "enrolling students in your course")
- Access the My Courses List by clicking on the Courses link at the top of your screen.
- Use the My Course List to select an existing course. Click on the name of the course below the Course Name column in the My Courses List. Clicking the Course Name will bring you to the Course Dashboard page.
- Click on the Students tab, located on the left side of the Course Dashboard page. This will open the Student List.
- Click the red ADD TO COURSE button, located at the top of the Student List.
There are 3 methods you can use to enroll or add students to your course:
- Individual students can be added manually, one at a time
- Multiple students can be added in bulk using a CSV import; and
- Archived (or past) student accounts can be re-added to a new course
For detailed instructions on how to add students to your course, following the video below. Or, click the How to Add Students to a Course PDF link found at the bottom of this article.
* Once you have added students to your course, students must visit app.xpresslab.com. From the app.xpresslab.com login page, students must use the Username and Password that you assign during the student enrollment process (following the instructions in the video below, or in the How to Add Students to a Course PDF attached at the bottom of this article for details on enrolling students in your course).
For additional instructions on how to add students to a course, please the the Help Guide labelled How to Add Students to a Course, attached below. Clicking on the link below will download a copy of the Help Guide to your local computer for future reference.