An XpressLab program update has been applied
When you see an update announcement , it is recommented that you clear you browser cache to ensure that the update is applied. The cache contains program files that are stored on your computer. This is done by browsers to minimize the amount of data that needs to be downloaded from Web sites. This is good in most cases but when Web site data is updated, you may not see the most current version of the site. To be sure that you are seeing the update, it is recommended that you clear your browser cache.
Note that on most school computers stored data is cleared each time that the computers are shut down and restarted so the cache on school computers will not have to be cleared.
How to Clear Your Browser Cache
Here's how to clear your cache if you are using the FireFox browser.
- Click 'tools' and then 'clear recent history'.
- In the submenu, ensure that the 'Cache' option is checked.
- Click the 'Clear Now' button.
- Refresh you screen
- Click 'tools' and then 'Delete browsing history'.
- In the submenu, ensure that the options shown in this screen capture are checked.
- Click the 'Delete' button.
- Refresh you screen.
- Click the History menu option.
- Click 'Clear History' in the dialogue box.