Importing Premium Content courses and XpressLab Library resources, will help you save time and resources as you boost language learning in your classroom.
In order to access Premium Content courses and language learning resources, you must have an XpressLab Teacher account.
If you are importing a Premium Content course from the XpressLab Library into your Teacher Account, you must:
- Activate the course and enroll your students; and
- Activate (or assign) each activity within the course, so that your students can view the course and the course activities from within their XpressLab Student Dashboard.
The following instructions and guided video tutorial will help you import Premium Content courses from the XpressLab Library, into your XpressLab teacher account. Before working through these instructions, please login to your XpressLab Teacher account by visiting app.xpresslab.com. If you have forgotten your login credentials, select the Reset Password Tool found on the Login screen, or enter app.xpresslab.com/ForgetPassword into your web browser address bar.
If you require specific help instructions or encounter an resolvable error within the platform, you may open a Support Ticket using the XpressLab Help Centre, or email the XpressLab Help Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Importing Premium Content Courses (or Activities) from the XpressLab Library
- Access the XpressLab Library by clicking on the Library link, located in the main navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- Each Premium Content course is available in 4 different Levels. Use the Level search filters found on the left side of the XpressLab Library to view Premium Content courses according to Level.
- Use the additional search filters found on left side of the XpressLab Library to view XpressLab Library resources based on the Competencies evaluated, the Activity Types utilized in course activities, the Question Types utilized in course activities, the Resource Types (i.e. courses, activities, slides) available, and Library sharing settings (i.e. Account, Private, and Public).
- To search for a specific XpressLab Library resource, use the Search Bar located at the top of the Library. As you type your keywords into the Search Bar, suggested search terms and tags will appear. Click on any of the suggested keywords to help refine your search. Clicking inside the Search Bar will also generate popular search terms. Click on a popular search term suggestion to locate additional Library resources.
- Preview an activity, course, or slide within the Library by hovering your cursor over a Library resource tile and then clicking the View button. This will direct you to the Activity Details page.
- Use the Preview Slides on the left side of the Activity Details page to scroll through each activity slide or activity question found within the Library resource you are previewing.
- Click on the Resource Overview heading on the right side of the Activity Details page to learn more about the Library resource you are previewing.
- Click on the Activities in This Course heading, found below the Resource Overview, to preview that activities within a course. Click on the name of an activity within this list to preview the course activity.
- Click on the Details heading, found below the Activities in this Course information to learn more about the Library resource you are previewing. Activity Details include: the Language being evaluated, the Levels of learning/curriculum being covered, the Competencies evaluated, and the Activity and Questions Types utilized by the activities in the course.
- To preview the Library resource as your students will see it, click the red Preview This button, found above the Resource Overview, at the top of the Activity Details page.
- When you’re ready to import a resource from the XpressLab Library into your XpressLab Teacher account, click the red Import Course/Import Activity button, found at the top of the Activity Details page, directly to the left of the Preview This button.
- If you are importing a course, click the red Finish button in the bottom of the Import Course pop up window. If you are importing an activity, select a course from the Course Send To button drop down within the Import Activity pop up window. This will allow you to import and deliver an activity from the Library using one of your existing XpressLab courses.
Accessing and Assigning Imported Courses
Once a course has been imported, you must activate the course and enroll your students into the course as well.
- To access an imported course or activity, navigate to the My Courses list by clicking on the Courses link, found within the main navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- Courses must be set to Active before the students enrolled in your course can view a course in their Student Dashboard. In addition, students must be enrolled in your course before they can view the course and the course activities.
- To activate a course and to set the Auto Enroll functionality, click the Edit icon, represented by the image of a Pencil, found to the right of the Course Access Key within the My Courses list. This will direct you to the Course Information page.
- To activate a Course, click the checkbox next to Active from within the Course Information page.
- To use the Auto Enroll functionality, select the checkbox next to Auto Enroll from within the Course Information page. When the Auto Enroll functionality is activated, students who enroll in your course using the Course Access Key will be automatically accepted into your course. When the box is not checked, the names of students who want to enroll in your course will be placed on a list pending their acceptance by you into the course.
- Share the Course Access Key with your students so that they can enroll in your new XpressLab course.
- When you are finished activating the Course and setting the enrollment features, click the red Save button at the bottom on the Course Information page.
Accessing and Assigning Imported Course Activities
In addition to activating a Course, each activity within the course must also be set to Active before students can view and complete the activity. To activate a course activity and to change any of the Activity Settings, navigate to the Course Dashboard, and then to the appropriate Activity Dashboard.
To access the Course Dashboard, click on course below the Course Name column of the My Courses List.
To access the Activity Dashboard, click on an activity using the Activity Name column, found on the Course Dashboard page. Then, use the Activity Dashboard page to adjust Activity Settings, make changes to the activity’s question slides, and/or activate or assign the activity to your students.
- Activate an activity by clicking on the Activity Status button, found at the top of the Activity Dashboard page, directly above the Recent Activity table.
- The Activity Status can also be set on the Activity Information (or Activity Settings) page. Access Activity Settings by clicking on the Settings icon, represented by the image of a Gear, found in the top right corner of the Activity Dashboard page. Then, select Activity Settings from the drop down list of options. This will direct you to the Activity Information Page.
- To activate the activity, click the Activity checkbox, found at the top of the Activity Information page.
- You can also adjust any of the additional Activity Settings, using the various fields and settings found on the Activity Information page. When you have finished adjusting your Activity Settings, click the red Save button at the bottom of the page. Clicking Save will direct you back to the Activity Dashboard.
Guided Video Tutorial
The following video tutorial provides step-by-step, guided instructions to help you:
- Locate and import Premium Content courses
- Access and activate imported courses; and
- Activate the activities within your imported courses
To download a copy of these instructions, please the link at the bottom of this page.